Mitch Cieminski Home
Mitch's blog, "Mitchin Progress," is currently under construction. In the meantime, just follow @mitchcieminski on Twitter.
Mitch Cieminski is a graduate student in the department of science and technology studies (STS) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Their current research examines the ways engineering students learn about and make sense of personal, professional, and social responsibility. They also examine the sociotechnical experiences of disabled, queer, and trans engineers. They graduated from Olin College of Engineering in December 2016 with a B.S. in electrical and computer engineering.
- Nieusma, Dean and Mitch Cieminski (June 2018 (Forthcoming)), "Ethics Education as Enculturation: Student Learning of Personal, Social, and Professional Responsibility," 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Cieminski, Mitch and Alexandra Coso Strong (June 2017), "An Exploratory Study of Power Dynamics and Feedback in Design Reviews," 2017 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Columbus, Ohio. https://peer.asee.org/27564.
- Cieminski, Mitch and Dean Nieusma (March 2018), "Engaging Student Understandings of Engineering Ethics: Responsibly Innovating Student Learning Regarding Responsibity," Workshop: Ethics and Responsible Innovation in STEM, Raleigh, North Carolina, Poster presentation (Travel paid by organizer).
Selected work experience
- Graduate Research Assistant, Troy, NY (US): Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, June 2017–.
- Engineering Intern, Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh (India): Agastya International Foundation, June 2016–August 2016.
- Designed interactive models at the "Bio Discovery Center" program at the educational campus.
- Visiting Student and Curricular Consultant, São Paulo, SP (Brazil): Insper Engineering Program, August 2014–December 2014.
- Worked on a team of Olin College students, closely collaborating with the faculty to prepare a new engineering undergraduate program.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Needham, MA (US): Olin College of Engineering, June 2014–August 2014.
- Did exploratory work for a new project in the Wireless Communications lab, on hybrid optical wireless-radio frequency wireless communications networks, working with PI Siddhartan Govindasamy.